Sunday 10 September 2017

my training partner


With around 8 weeks to go I went out for a training ride today on the wet and windy roads close to home.  As I was cycling it struck me that everything we're going to encounter on the Myanmar Cycle Expedition is going to be VERY different - including the climate, the terrain, the nutrition and the road surfaces.  And I have to admit that right now I don't quite know what to expect!

However I do know that we're going to be doing most of our riding on mountain bikes.  So I've decided I'm going to do most of my training on my Cannondale cyclo-cross bike - which is pretty heavy and has knobbly tyres.  I've also decided I'm going to do a fair chunk of my training miles on rougher roads and tracks to try to get ready for the extra effort required during the ride.

Today's ride was a combination of muddy Wiltshire lanes and a long stretch of canal path. I managed around 40 miles and got soaked a couple of times (Autumn is definitely here).  But something tells me it's all going to be very different where we're going...!

No comments:

Post a Comment